Piri Piri Sausage and Shrimp Skewers
Add a little Portuguese flavor to your next tailgate or summer BBQ menu with these spicy grilled skewers.
- 4 Artisan Crafted Series Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages, cut into 24 slices
- 8 baby potatoes
- 16 shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (16/20 count)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp piri piri hot sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes or just until tender. Let cool completely; cut in half.
- Evenly thread sausage slices, potatoes and shrimp onto 8 skewers. Stir together oil, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika; brush over skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill skewers, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked. Brush with piri piri sauce; grill, turning once, for about 2 minutes or until sausages are heated through and shrimp are cooked.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Substitute cayenne pepper sauce or sriracha hot sauce for piri piri hot sauce if desired.