Change up regular tacos for these ones made with hickory ham and crunchy cabbage slaw.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz Artisan Crafted Series Hickory Smoked Ham, cut into matchsticks (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Red Cabbage Slaw:
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Red Cabbage Slaw: Toss together red cabbage, green onions, carrot and jalapeño pepper (if using). Add lime juice, oil and salt; toss and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for 1 minute. Add ham, cumin and chipotle powder; sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In each tortilla, assemble cabbage slaw, ham and avocado slices. Sprinkle with feta cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: For a creamy slaw, replace vegetable oil with 2 tbsp mayonnaise.
|Per 2 tacos|