Bourbon Bacon & Pecan Pie
- 6 slices Artisan Crafted Series® Brown Sugar Bacon
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 oz bourbon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
1. Place pie crust in pie plate on foil-lined baking sheet. Prick bottom all over with fork; refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 325F. Spread pecans in thin layer on separate baking sheet; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Let cool completely and chop coarsely; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel–lined plate. Crumble into pieces; set 2 tbsp aside. Toss remaining bacon with pecans; arrange in pie crust.
4. In bowl, whisk together corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, bourbon, vanilla and salt until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Slowly pour over bacon mixture, allowing filling to flow between pecans.
5. Bake on prepared pan, rotating pan halfway through cooking time, for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Let cool completely. (Pie can be made up to one day in advance.) Serve with dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with reserved bacon.
• For an over-the-top finish, serve the pie with bourbon-accented whipped cream: Beat together 3/4 cup whipping cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar, 1 tbsp bourbon and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
• If pie crust is browning too quickly, gently place foil over crust to prevent it from getting too dark.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 14g|