Bacon, Brie, and Apple Flatbread
This is going to become the recipe you turn to for a quick-yet-gourmet weeknight dinner to replace takeout or when you need a simple-yet- impressive hors d'oeuvre to serve guests at just about any gathering.
- 1 ball (600 g) pizza dough
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared caramelized onions
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 slices Kentucky Legend Artisan Crafted Series Brown Sugar Maple Bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 oz (125 g) triple crème Brie or Camembert cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic glaze
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC). On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness; fit into large greased baking sheet.
Brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with thyme leaves and pepper. Spread onions over top. Arrange apple slices, bacon and Brie over onions.
Bake on bottom rack for about 20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown, apples are tender and Brie is melted. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and scatter arugula over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Prepared caramelized onions can be found in the condiment aisle of well-stocked grocery stores. Alternatively, in a small skillet set over low heat, slowly cook a sliced Vidalia onion in butter with a pinch of salt and sugar for 25 to 30 minutes or until caramelized.
|Per 1/12 of flatbread|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g|